Our work along with a number of collaborations has successfully identified genes, pathways, regulators and drugs associated with neural repair and neuronal degeneration by applying and establishing various in vitro (mice, rats and lampreys) and in vivo (Dorsal root ganglion neurons, cortical neurons and various cell lines) model systems.
Our unique approach is by integrating various omics functional studies, extensive experimental applications and systems analyses to understand various complex questions in translational and basic science research.
Our Goals are to:
- Discover strategies for enhancing neuronal regrowth and staling neuronal loss after injury.
- Understand the nervous system response and recovery during damage caused by disease.
- CNS and PNS nerve injury systems
- Gene expression analyses by RNA sequencing
- Proteomics by LC-MS/MS
- Targeted metabolomics
- In vivo drug delivery through osmotic pumps
- Standard molecular biology and tissue culture techniques
- Co-expression network analyses
- Regulatory factor enrichment analyses
- Protein-protein interaction network analyses
- In silico small molecule screening
- Various bioinformatics and bio-pipelines